Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Cash, all cc, checks
Sleeve gastrectomies — better known as “Gastric Sleeve Surgeries” — are the most common type of bariatric weight loss procedures and now make up more than 60% of all such procedures in the United States. Dr. Sergey Terushkin, a renowned leader in the bariatric surgery field, performs gastric sleeve procedures regularly using a minimally invasive, laparoscopic technique.
Before considering undergoing a gastric sleeve procedure, it is important to understand exactly what the surgery entails.
During a gastric sleeve surgery, Dr. Terushkin will make five keyhole-sized incisions to remove roughly 80% of the left side the stomach, leaving the stomach roughly the size and shape of a banana. In addition to this reducing the body’s capacity for intake and decreasing appetite, the segment of the stomach which is removed also houses hormone producing cells, thereby decreasing cravings and hunger.
Gastric sleeve procedures have gained a tremendous amount of popularity in recent years. In fact, in many cases, sleeve gastrectomies are the preferred bariatric weight loss procedure of many surgeons — including Dr. Terushkin — due to a number of benefits over other similar procedures, including:
• A shorter, less complicated operation compared to a gastric bypass procedure
• No need to re-route the intestines, which reduces the risk of nutrient deficiencies
• Less post-operation upkeep such as daily vitamins or routine adjustments which are required for Lap Band patients
• No dumping syndrome which can occur after gastric bypass syndrome and cause abdominal pain or diarrhea
• Weight loss that occurs more organically over 18 months rather than sharply like with gastric bypass or very slowly like with Lap Band procedures
Gastric Sleeve Surgeries have been shown to have a tremendous success rate in helping patients lose weight in a healthy, consistent manner. Patients also typically see a sharp reduction in most obesity-related afflictions such as diabetes, sleep apnea, and hypertension.
While there are risks to any surgical procedure, gastric sleeve surgery has an incredibly high success rate and can be a tremendous asset in helping to regain control of your health. The procedure is ideal for patients who:
• Are on the mid-to-high end of the obesity scale (have a BMI of 35+)
• Have tried and found no success with diet and exercise efforts
• Have obesity-related illnesses such as type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis or sleep apnea
If you are still unsure of whether you are a good candidate for gastric sleeve surgery, Dr. Terushkin will gladly walk through the procedure with you and determine your best course of action.
Don’t wait any longer to put yourself on the path to a happier, healthier life. Schedule your free sleeve gastrectomy consultation in our Staten Island office online now or call our team to answer any questions you have.
Weight loss surgery, bariatric surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, gastric by pass, loose weight fast, fast weight loss, weight loss options, how to really loose weight, loose weight surgery, weight loss surgeon, bariatric surgeon, Staten Island, NY
1 Review for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Team of Gastric Sleeve Surgery is fantastic
Jun 7, 2018 by conrad
Team of Gastric Sleeve Surgery is fantastic. They explained procedure clearly with best care services. I would highly recommend this place to my family and friends.
Add A Review for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Have you worked with Gastric Sleeve Surgery? You can help other visitors by adding your comments HERE.
Staten Island, NY 10305